Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grannies on Parade

I didn't mean to do it. I didn't set out to start a new project, it just sort of happened. My WIPs pile is already taking over the craft room, but these colors were just begging to be turned into a Grannyghan. I was forced into it, they were threatening bodily harm I tell you. ;)

So what do 90 Granny's Daughters look like? Surprisingly the pile was actually quite small so they worked up amazingly fast.

Even adding the second row seemed to go at warp speed. There are still 90 squares. (3 of each color combo.) For the record, they are called "saltines" at this stage, I'm told, because they are about the size of a saltine cracker.

Each square will get one more blast of color, then they will all get a final round of an anchor color to bring it all together. I haven't decided yet who will get this little lovely. I love the colors together and it would certainly go perfect in my living room, but I think my conscience might get the better of me and it will be on its way to charity. After all, keeping someone warm is much more important than decorating a room!

Cool angle :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your grannies......you have just inspired me to start on a granny blanket with a bag of wool that has just been sitting there with no project in site. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! What yarn did you use? I can never find all the colors I want for something in the same yarn. And mixing yarns isn't always an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I'm so glad I could inspire. :)

    I used Red Heart Super Saver in Shocking Pink, Pumpkin, Bright Yellow, Spring Green, Turqua, and Dark Orchid. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's been a few years since you did this project, but I'd really love to see the final project. could you email it to me at bettyradcliffe24@yahoo.com. Thanks. I think you do lovely work and I hope I get as good as you all are. Thanks, Betty Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.