Friday, October 16, 2009

Weather Reprieve

Well Mr. Sun was still playing shy today but the clouds lightened up a bit to show me a few minutes of picture taking mercy. So I swept up the leaves, laid down my fleece blankie, and had some fun with the camera.

And here are the results:
Who knew grannies could look so young & hip? :)
There are 90 grannies in 30 different color combinations. I still haven't made a layout schematic. I think a random layout will probably end up being the best way to go, but the thought of that word (random) makes me cringe. I'm a very orderly and symetrical person. I like to have a plan for everything and nothing is considered finished until it's perfect, at least when it comes to crochet. House cleaning is a different story entirely. LOL

So I think I'm going to use black for the joining row. It will contain the colors nicely... tone them down, but make them pop at the same time. My only concern is the purple. I probably should have used a lighter shade... but at this point I'll have to stick with it. If anything I'll have to switch from black to a lighter shade to join...

As it turned out the weather reprieve was only a temporary one. Shortly after everything was picked up and inside it started raining again. But that's okay, I am happy with the little bit of brightness I was given today. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are so pretty, April! The black border will make the colors stand out even more, can't wait to see it all done.

    I miss you girl, I'd ask where you've been hiding, but with all the work you've done on the blog(s), along with the crocheting, I guess I don't have to ask! Write when you can, I'd love to hear from you!

    Keep up the wonderful work!

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grannies. Cant wait to see them together.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.