Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." Edward Sandford Martin

It's that time of year when we begin to reflect on the happenings of the year we are leaving behind and look ahead with anticipation at what the months ahead might hold. It's time to shed old habits and make new resolutions; time to hold loved ones near even if you are miles apart; time to forgive misdeeds both in others and in ourselves; time to be appreciative of everyone and everything in our lives; and most importantly, time to be thankful for simply being.

The weeks between Thanksgiving and New Years Day have always been my favorite time of year. Even as a child, while my classmates were longing for summer vacation, I was excited by the promise of cooler weather. This time of year brings out the best in me. I feel happy, energetic, hopeful, and very domestic. I want to clean and organize. I want to cook and bake. I want to crochet and craft. I want to see, feel, and do all of my favorite things! Nothing fantastic or over the top, just simple, everyday things...

These are a few of my favorite things. I'm thankful for each and every one of them, not just today, but everyday.

First and foremost... Family
Hugs from my favorite little guy :)
Yarn, yarn, yarn!
Artificial flowers so I can bask in their beauty year round.
A thriving Fred still looking spiffy in his wool sweater
Wind chimes & Sun catchers. They just make me happy :)
The oh so tantalizing aroma of fresh baked yummies
My little red wagon
Buttons, LOTS of buttons!
Sun Crystals so my days may be sweet and headache free!
Attic24 whose colorful posts bring inspiration and add brightness to my days
YOU, my cyber friends; my crochet inspiration. Without you this blog would have no purpose. Thank you for reading, following, encouraging, and just being here. I appreciate you all. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. We have a lot in common and I too, love Attic24 for her colorful entries.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.