Wednesday, May 4, 2011

S P R I N G

Our first real sign of Spring showed up in the front yard several days ago. In amongst the rose bushes and uncollected leaves from last fall is one single lonely, but gorgeous, tulip. This is our first spring here so we are left wondering why only one. Did the previous owner see fit to plant just one bulb, or is this the lone survivor of all those harsh winters? Either way it is good to have concrete proof that spring is finally here!


Below is a flowering tree from the back yard. I'm not sure what kind it is. Cherry maybe? Another pretty surprise for spring.


And this one, a bush that accents the corner of the front porch, I have not a clue what it might be. I don't think I've ever seen one like it before. Very unique indeed.


And now for some crochet:
I can't show you anything I'm working on at the moment. It's all very Top Secret and Hush Hush, so I thought I'd show you the Flower Fairy and Mushroom that Cyndi surprised me with before Easter. I just love them. :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay Spring! We have 3 tulips, and a bunch of daffodils...

    The flowering tree could also be crab-apple (but it seems kind of early for that to flower... maybe not, though!)

    That bush is gorgeous! I would love to know the name of that if you figure it out. It looks like some kind of "bell" name or "tears" name would be appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers are the best part of spring. They bring us such promise. Love the crochet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bush is a Pierus Japonica "dorothy wycoff' --
    I've killed a couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first view of Spring :) Love the crochet as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really enjoy your site Visait me some times. I look forward to returning here. Have a great week end. Tink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just came across your site & it's great.I love crochet so I try & find all the crochet sites,but your spring coment caught my attention because my other love is gardening. The bush on the cornor of your porch is "Japonicas Pierus" some call it "Shrimp" plant,They also come in "Pink". They are beautiful in there older years.!!! LOL. Thank you for the patterns. Dutchie!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. I will try to respond asap. :)

I don't, however, love to hear from spammers so I've had to turn on comment moderation. My apologies if it takes a little while for your comment to show up.